Thursday, September 4, 2008

Artists Date


I have learned so much about myself this week. I've missed one day of morning pages - the very first day. (I never woke up to my alarm clock and was late to work)

Today is my first Artists Date. I initially made up a list of ideas on some post-its and threw all in a big jar, with the intention of pulling one randomly each week. Then on Monday our delivery driver bought in a bag of freshly picked peaches. They were to die for. It was then that I decided I wanted to go and pick my own fruit and vegetables. Raspberries are in full season and I LOVE fresh raspberries.

Once I get back, I will need to employ some great creativity as to what I am going to do with them all.

Off I go.

7 comments:

Stoner Mom said...

I'm also doing The Artist's Way, just wanted to say hi and good luck. I was going to do my first Artist's Date today, but got sidetracked... I'm rescheduling for Saturday morning, rain or shine.

Disenchanted Melody said...

Good luck to you also. What did you have in mind for your Date?

I would not recommend berry picking in 95 deg weather though. LOL! It was fun but I sweated enough to be able to water the Sahara.

Blackberry Cobbler cooking time.

Pen said...

what a fabulous idea! and i'm jealous: it is cold, wet and gray outside here!

i was planning (still hoping!) to do my artists date today too. seeing that the weather doesn't encourage me to step out and play, i was thinking of doing something indoors... maybe on one of the plain canvas boards sitting in the corner of the room...

i love your idea about the artisits date jar though! maybe i will make one of those!

Disenchanted Melody said...

Thank you. It adds a little surprise element to it. I think it also helps me to go ahead and actually DO the date.

I'm the type of the person who if I make prior specific plans, when it comes to the time, I usually don't feel like it.

Whereas with an element of mystery, it's more exciting.

I also thought of maybe pulling 2 or 3 of them and choosing the best option.

As far as it being cold and wet where you are, it was 95 deg here and probably not the best day to be berry picking lol.

Gina said...

What a lovely artist's date! I took the kids blueberry picking last month and I wish I could go back again alone. It was so peaceful and the farmer plays classical music through speakers out in the field. It would have been a perfect way to recharge but my nine year old had important things she needed to talk to me about. It was a nice day but a "mom" day not an artist day.

stargazer said...

Love your idea of putting ideas into a jar too! I have had 3 artists dates so far (I started a little earlier than the group), and they were all in/around my home. I've made a load of new 'dates' and ALL of them require at least a bus ride away!

Disenchanted Melody said...

What sorts of things have you been doing on your dates?